Is the Online Supervisor Certification program right for you? You may want to discuss your future career options with me before enrolling in any program. Remember, for all your graduate work select a New Jersey school and never go out-of-state!
This program meets the requirements specified by the state of New Jersey and is designed to serve the person who has already earned a Master’s degree in some field and who wants to qualify as a supervisor in the public schools; one who is charged with authority and responsibility for the continuing direction and guidance of the work of instructional personnel.
The Supervisor Certification program is intended for public school teachers or administrators who wish to earn additional administrative credentials in their field. The Supervisor Certification program is a part of the New Jersey Teacher Outreach Program (NJTOP) and is offered to NJ educators at a discount off of regular Rowan rates.
Supervisor Certification Program Highlights
4 courses or 12 graduate semester hours
- Fully online, part-time accelerated program: Courses are 8 weeks long and offered 1–2 per term. Courses include field components completed in a school district. Convenience of focusing on one course at a time.
- Possible degree completion in as little as 3 consecutive semesters
- Discounted tuition rates as part of New Jersey Teacher Outreach Program (NJTOP)
- Upon program completion, students may apply and be recommended by Rowan University to the State of NJ for the Supervisor Certification
- Possible transfer of credits so you can finish with us.
Applying to the Online Supervisor Certification Program
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- CGCE Graduate Application
- $65 (U.S.) application fee is waived through NJTOP
- Master’s degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning: Candidates who do not yet have a Master’s degree, may instead be currently matriculated in a Master’s degree program at Rowan University at the time of application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation: While the official Recommendation Form is required, an actual letter from the recommender is preferred. Letters of recommendation should be from the candidate’s superintendent, supervisor, or from a professional colleague attesting to the candidate’s potential as a supervisor
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives: Must include reasons for pursuing this program.
- Copies of current NJ (or other state) teaching or educational services certificate: Only the Standard Certificate is acceptable.
- Letter confirming at least 3 years of satisfactory full-time teaching or educational services experience.
Teachers in the state of New Jersey may apply to the Supervisor Certification program through the New Jersey Teacher Outreach Program (NJTOP®). For more information including NJTOP tuition rates click here.
The New Jersey Department of Education (NJ DOE), not Rowan University, grants certifications based on requirements set by the state. While coursework for this program meets the academic requirements for NJ DOE certification, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all other certification requirements are met, including, but not limited to, appropriate type and level of license and years of experience. NJ DOE certification requirements are subject to change. Certification applications are evaluated, by NJ DOE, based on the most current state requirements. For current NJ DOE licensure information, click here.
|EDSU 28546||Educational Organizations And Leadership||3|
|EDSU 28510||Curriculum Design & Development for Instructional Leaders||3|
|EDSU 28522||Instructional Leadership And Supervision||3|
|CURR 29590||Curriculum Evaluation||3|
Go here to Apply Now
For Start dates and Deadline dates contact:
Dr. Barry Meinster
Coordinator of New Jersey Teacher Outreach Programs (NJTOP™)
Rowan University Global Division
M – F 8 a.m. – 9 p.m