The Master of Arts in Education Technology Online program provides educators and educational leaders with the expertise and proficiency needed to incorporate existing and emerging educational technologies into their classrooms and school organizations. This online program prepares you to assume leadership roles in educational technology in P-12 educational settings.
This program will help teachers and administrators reflect on educational technology best
practices to expertly infuse technology into the classroom and improve student learning and
engagement. As a student, you will investigate the philosophical, psychological, sociological, and educational implications of emerging technologies and their impact on schools.
Teachers in the state of New Jersey may apply to the Master of Arts in Education Technology program through the New Jersey Teacher Outreach Program (NJTOP®).
Educational Technology Online Curriculum
The M.A. in Educational Technology is a full-time program offered in an accelerated online format. It requires the completion of 33 graduate semester hours (11 courses).
- 11 Courses / 33 Semester Hours
- Foundation Courses: No
- Graduation / Exit / Thesis Requirements: Yes
|Course Number||Title||S.H. (Credits)|
|Required Courses: 33 S.H.|
|EDTC 33580||Introduction to Educational Technology||3|
|EDTC 33520||Digital Citizenship in 21st Century Schools||3|
|EDTC 33510||Emerging Technology Tools and the Curriculum||3|
|EDTC 33585||Internet in the Classroom||3|
|SPED 08540||Technology for Students with Special Needs||3|
|EDTC 33540||Developing Online Resources for P-12 Students||3|
|EDTC 33561||Leading for Effective Educational Technology||3|
|EDTC 33550||Learning through Gamification||3|
|EDTC 33531||Coding and Logical Thinking to Support Learning||3|
|EDTC 33570||Researching and Analyzing Educational Technology||3|
|EDTC 33600||Seminar in Educational Technology||3|
Admissions Requirements for Educational Technology Online
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for the program. There may be additional actions or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the Rowan Global Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or will indicate any missing items.
- Completed Application Form
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Provide reasons for pursuing the program. Describe how you might use this program to advance your career (educational goals beyond the master’s level, if applicable, are also relevant).
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation should be from professional administrators and include information which attests to applicant’s ability to pursue a graduate degree
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
Go here to Apply Now
For Start dates and Deadline dates contact:
Dr. Barry Meinster
Coordinator of New Jersey Teacher Outreach Programs (NJTOP™)
Rowan University Global Division
M – F 8 a.m. – 9 p.m